Member of Parliament Karditsa
- 9, Aristeidou str., 10559, Athens, Tel.: +30 210 3251840, Fax +30 210 3314042.
- Place and Date οf Birth:
- 26 March 1956, Athens
- Marital Status:
- Married to Eva Papapetropoulou, they have a son, Thanassis, a last-year student at the Athens School of Law.
- Athens Attorney at Law. Professor of Commercial Law and European Competition Law at the Business Administration and Economics School of the Technological Education Institution (TEI) of Halkida.
- • Ph.D., School of Law, University of Athens (1986)
• Master’s Degree, King’s College London (1981)
• Bachelor’s Degree of the School of Law, University of Athens (1980)
- Foreign Languages:
- English, French.
• Elected MP with the New Democracy Party in the Constituency of Karditsa in 1989 (June and November elections), 1990, 2000, 2004, 2007 2009 and 2012 (May and June elections).
• Secretary of the Presidium of the Parliament (1989-1993).
• A member of the Permanent Committees of the Parliament on Educational Affairs and European Affairs (1989 to the present).
• A member of the Parliamentary Assembly of the WEU and the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (1999 – 1993 and 2000 – 2004).
• Vice-President of the Special Permanent Committee of the Parliament on Hellenism of the Diaspora (2010 – 2012).
• A member of the Inter-parliamentary Union (IPU).
• Deputy Minister of National Education and Religions (2004-2007 and 2007 to 3 October 2009) competent for tertiary education issues.
• 3rd Vice-President of the Hellenic Parliament (May 2012 – June 2012).
• Deputy Secretary of Political Planning and Competent for the Programme section of New Democracy (1997-2000).
• Deputy Head of the Political Responsibility for Education and Religions sector of New Democracy (2009 – 2012).