Paraskevi (Evi) Christofilopoulou
Member of Parliament Attica
- Place and Date οf Birth:
- Born in Athens and resides in Drossia, Attica.
- Marital Status:
- Married, mother of two.
- Assistant Professor of Political Science.
• Lawyer (1982 - 1997)
• Legal advisor and responsible for HR Development at a Local Authorities’ Consultancy Firm (1986 -
• Freelance consultant and trainer in HR (1992-1997)
• Lectured as Assistant Professor of Public Administration, in the Faculty of Regional Development and
Urban Planning, at the University of
• Assistant Professor of Political Science at the Greek Open University since 2002.
Author of research papers and articles on public administration, local government and human resources.
- Ph.D in Government, London School of Economics and Political Science. Master of Science in Public
Administration from the London School of Economics and Political Science. Bachelor’s degree in Law, Law
Faculty, University of Athens
- Foreign Languages:
- Fluent in English and French
• MP for Attica, PASOK (2004 – 2015)
• MP for Attica, Democratic Coalition (PASOK - DIMAR) (September 2015 – today)
• She has been a member of the Committees on Social Affairs, Public Administration, Public Order &
Justice, Cultural and Educational Affairs, European
Affairs, Parliamentary Ethics, Equality, Youth & Human Rights, Research and Technology, Road Safety.
She is now a member of the Standing Committee on Social Affairs, the Special Permanent Committee for
Monitoring the Social Security System and the
Subcommittee for the study and treatment of drug problems.
• Coordinator of the Sector of Social Affairs in PASOK Parliamentary Group (2004 – 2006).
• Frontbench Spokesperson for Social Affairs in PASOK Parliamentary Group (2007 - 2009)
• Spokesperson for the Panhellenic Socialist Movement (PASOK). At the same time she was Head of the
Standing Committee on Education of PASOK.
(June2012 – June 2013)
• Frontbench spokesperson for Education in PASOK Parliamentary Group (February – September 2015)
• Responsible for Labour, Social Insurance & Health in Democratic Coalition’s (PASOK - DIMAR)
Parliamentary Group (September 2015 - today).
• Special Adviser to the former Minister of Economy, Giorgos Gennimatas on European Affairs issues
(October 1993 – April
• Secretary General for the management of ESF at the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection (1997-
• Deputy Minister of Education, Lifelong Learning & Religious Affairs, (October 2009 - May 2012)
• Deputy Minister of Administrative Reform & e-Government (June 2013 -January 2015)