Member of Parliament Pieria
- 1, Mitropoleos str., 10557 Athens, tel. 2103709521-2, fax 2103709520.
8, 25th Martiou str., 60100, Katerini Pieria, tel. 23510 79820-1, fax 2351077935.
- Place AND Date οf Birth:
- Born in August 1957 in Katerini Pieria.
- Marital Status:
- He is married to Giusepina Barbera, doctor, and has one child, Dionysios.
- He has 18-year experience in Hospitals and Medical Institutions in the Country (Katerini General Hospital, University General Hospital of Thessaloniki AHEPA). From 2007 to 2009 he served as Commander in the best possible way in the Anticancer Hospital of Thessaloniki “THEAGENIO”. He has a large scientific-research and also educational work (participation in Greek and international conferences in the field of Radiology, educational work for students of medicine and doctors of the General Hospital of Katerini for decade).
- He graduated from the Medical School of Palermo University (Universita degli Studi di Palermo-Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia) and specialized in the field of Radiology.
- Foreign Languages:
- Italian, English.
Elected as an MP for the first time in the elections of 6th May 2012.
He got involved in political activities as a member of the New Democracy student party of University of Palermo. From 1993 to 2008 dealt with the medicine trade unionism as he is elected in many trade unions of doctors. From 1998 to 2010 elected 3 times as prefectural advisor of Pieria Prefecture. As Vice Prefect dealt with health and care issues from 1998-2010, education, tourism, culture sport issues from 2010 to 2012. From 1999 to 2001 served as member of the governing council of the Center for Prevention of Psychoactive substances “ATRAKTOS”. He is member of the Pontiac Association of Katerini “Panagia Soumela”.