Directorate for IT and New Technologies
The Directorate for IT and New technologies is in charge of:
- Systemizing, coordinating and updating existing and new plenary and committee session data in e-format;
- supervising and monitoring the smooth operation of computer systems and networks the Parliament uses, and especially its Integrated Information System (IIS);
- drafting reports and coming up with parliament modernization IT and new technology programs and projects.
The Directorate for IT and New Technologies is under the scientific supervision of the President of the Parliament’s Scientific Council:
The Directorate for IT and New technologies consist of the following Departments:
Α) Department for Administrative and Financial Applications
Head: Alexandra Konida
Tel.: 210 3673361, 210 fax: 210 3673171
Analyses, arranges, supervises, implements, documents, trains, provides maintenance and technical support services for all subsystems of the Integrated Information System (IIS) and the rest of the information systems the General Directorates for Human resources, Financial Services and Technical Support, International Relations and Communication and the Parliament’s Scientific Agency use.
Β) Department for Parliamentary Work Applications
Head: Georgios Panagakos
Tel.: 210 367 3360, fax: 210 3673157
Analyses, arranges, enters data, creates documentation files, provides maintenance and technical support services for all subsystems of the Integrated Information System (IIS) and the rest of the information systems the General Directorate for Legislative Work and Parliamentary Control as well as the General Directorate for Parliamentary Committees use.
C) Department for Computer Systems and Networks
Head: Nikos Papakyritsis
Tel.: 210 3673358, fax: 210 3673157
The Department is primarily concerned with performance of contracts for, training parliament staff on IT and New technologies in conjunction with the Parliament’s Department for Training as well as support and maintenance services for PCs, wireless and fixed line networks and e-voting systems the Parliament uses.
D) Department for Internet Applications
Head: Panayiota Kotsopoulou
Tel.: 210 3673357, fax: 210 3673157
- Provides internet, e-mail and teleconference services to the Parliament;.
- Provides technical support services to Hellenic Parliament TV and Radio for webcasts and analyses, develops, creates and updates webpages for Parliament Departments and Directorates;
- Retrieves data from databanks and global data networks and registries to assist MP’s and Parliament Departments and Directorates in their work.